Saturday 23 July 2016

Gigi Hadid Met Gala 2015

I was looking through my Pinterest to come across a photo of the gorgeous model, Gigi Hadid at the Met Gala 2015. I thought she looked effortlessly flawless which inspired me to re-create the glowy, bronzey make up she was wearing. I love how healthy her skin looks and how her make-up is so simple yet amazing, so I thought I'd show you how I created the look similar to her's! :)
I started off by moisturizing my face, this is essential if you want a healthy, glowy look. I then went in with my Smashbox photo-finish luminizing primer and applied this all over the face for a smooth, illuminating base to work with. I then blobbed the NARS Sheer Glow foundation all over my face and blended it with the Real Techniques sponge. I made sure that I built the coverage as Gigi has flawless, air-brushed skin. This foundation is amazing for a luminous, smooth, medium-coverage (buildable) finish. I didn't use a concealer as I wanted the look to appear as naturally flawless as possible.
I recently purchased the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette and I'm in love with it already! I made sure to bronze up because Gigi has a beautiful sun kissed look. I also made sure my face was dripping in the highlight to give me that gorgeous glowy look! I used a little bit of blusher to liven up my face; Gigi looks as if she has a bit of colour too.
Gigi's brows always look naturally good, so considering mine already have a similar shape to hers, all I did was fill them in slightly to make them look thicker and darker with my Urban Decay brow beater pencil, and brushed it out with the spoolie brush. I then went onto my eye shadow, I put 'semi sweet' into my crease (the yellow arrow on the image below), this is because Gigi looks as if she has a soft, cool brown in the crease. I then washed my lid in the shade 'creme brulee' (the orange arrow) - Gigi looks as if she has a hint of golden glow on her lid. I then popped 'marzipan' (the blue arrow) onto the centre of my lid to accentuate my eyes. I then used 'champagne truffle' (grey arrow) as a highlight; on my inner-corners of my eye and the high points of my face to make me look extra glowy.
I then tight lined my eyes with black liner to make my eye lashes look as full as Gigi's, and added winged eyeliner and a voluminous mascara (too faced better than sex mascara, although I do recommend the waterproof one as the original flakes).I didn't add anything to the bottom lash-line as her eyes look bright and fresh.
To finish the look, I applied Charlotte Tilbury 'Liv it up' lipstick. I added the highlight colour in my Too faced chocolate palette to the centre of my lips to make them look as full as Gigi's. In my opinion, the pink lip looks amazing with the bronzey look.
Thank you for reading! Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep a look out!

Make sure to keep a look out for makeup tutorials on myself and others, singing videos (covers) and many more!